IO2, Curriculum for postgraduate training for the technologist-analyst in the area of Sport Sciences profile has been satisfactorily completed in May 2021.
This is one of the key deliverables of this project. It will be materialized through a proposed curriculum in 6 languages so that any entity can develop courses of technology-analyst in sport.
The aims of this course are:
- Train technologist-analyst for the effective application of new technologies in exercise, sports, and physical education context.
- Provide the necessary knowledge to select and integrate technologies for optimization in exercise, sports, and physical education contexts.
- Show good practical application examples of digital transformation technology in exercise, sports, and physical education contexts.
A pilot course was developed from February to May. Fifty volunteers with different backgrounds participated. After the pilot test, the course structure was validated with eight modules:
- PART 0. Introduction. The importance of digitalization and the specific role of the technologist-analyst in sport
- PART 1. Technologies for club or entity or entity management
- PART 2. Technologies for physical evaluation, physical tests, injury prevention, health, and medical technologies
- PART 3. Electronic Performance and Tracking Systems (EPTS)
- PART 4. Technologies for data storage, data analysis, and visualization
- PART 5. Technologies for retransmission and digital media
- PART 6. Innovation and digitalization in sports clubs and academies
- PART 7. Final work
The consortium of entities that formed the project are already working on its Phase 3, which aims to design a self-assessment tool to allow clubs to evaluate the implementation of new technologies independently.